We have noticed a little decline in people using Facebook in the past 6 months or so. Some people we know have left Facebook all together citing boredom, disinterest in about 400 of the 500 friends they are connected to and irritation at the amount of narcism that the site can sometimes reflect.
So we thought why not have a think about those gripes that are really god damn annoying on Facebook. Those things that make us either cringe into our keyboards or just unfriend someone totally in a bid to end irritation. Here are our top 9. Feel free to add any extra’s you think should be included in the comments below.
1. If you have got a new job we are really happy for you an all. But if you want to promote all your offers, self promote etc anywhere do it on a company/brand/personality page, not on your personal statuses.
2. Give over with the vague updates that try and entice people into asking what’s up. A perfect example is…
If people aren’t talking to you you really shouldn’t feel the need to trick them into a conversation.
3. Images of yourself. Obviously we know that people get tagged in pictures etc etc and this is all fine. We are talking about the vat of wall photos you have that you’ve taken on your mac camera or your iPhone in a mirror. You are not a model and if you are see point 1. These are the equivalent of Myspace’s ‘hold my camera above my head so I look better and look up’ shots and Tumblr’s hi I am a 16 year old that just learnt about make up and hair extensions. It doesn’t make it any more excusable that it’s on Facebook or Instagram for that matter. It’s embarrassing, Just quit it.
4. Writing out song lyrics (this ties in closely with number 2). You have the Spotify app.. that’s all you need.
5. Long status updates. If it takes more than 3 lines chances are no one gives a fuck.
6. Adding your Tweets. We already have your status updates, we don’t need your Tweets as well. If we want to stalk you we will choose to, don’t force stalking upon us.
7. Living your life through the book. Under this section comes outing private moments that no one needs to know about unless they have multiple eyes, wings and are suckered to the wall (see below) or having full blown conversations on your statuses – that is what messaging is for.
8. Your running app. Turn it off. We don’t want to know that you are tackling a belly or that you feel so fit and healthy that you want to gloat about it. You wouldn’t meet up with your mates and boast about the run you did with a smug face because they would think you were a twat – so don’t do it on FB.
9. Over usage. Everyone knows that if you are sat on FB continuously it is 80% probable that everyone else’s lives are more exciting than your own. If you answer yes to more than one of the following then it’s time to chill out.
You are the main person that comments on all your friends statuses.
You are late for things because you can’t get off FB.
Your friends find that when they go out with you they are actually out with all 345 of your friends as your phone is constantly out.
You are always the first to share a meme/funny picture and take pride in this.
Friends have started to complain about your constant status updates.