This weekend (1st-3rd June) the Stoke Newington Literary Festival provides a refreshing alternative to the union jack teapots and misty-eyed monarchy-lovers.
To celebrate the festival this weekend, we’re giving three lucky winners the chance to win a box set of The School of Life ‘How to’ books, courtesy of Pan Macmillan.
The School of Life ‘How to’ books are six enlightening and thought provoking guides for everyday living put together by some of the leading minds in the field including Alain de Botton, Roman Krznaric, John-Paul Flintoff and Philippa Perry.
Three of The School of Life faculty are appearing at the Stoke Newington Literary Festival to talk about finding fulfilling work, how to change the world and sex!
For centuries Stoke Newington has been at the heart of the UK’s radical thinking and rabble-rousing. It has been the home to international icons of dissent and revolutionary writing including Mary Wollstonecraft, Malcolm McClaren, Daniel Defoe and Edgar Allen Poe. This year’s urban alternative to Hay sees it keeping true to its counter-cultural roots with debates about our post-riot communities, media reform and the future of the book.
With some free events, and most tickets between £3-£8, it’s a great way of getting some brain food as well as having a fun-filled weekend without leaving the capital.
How to win: To be in with a chance of winning one of these fantastic box sets, just answer the following question:
Where is the famous Literary Festival held?
- Crouch End
- Stoke Newington
Tweet us your answer (@whosjackmag) for your chance to win.
For more information on the release just click here.
Terms & Conditions
• Competition will close on Tuesday 5th June
• Open to UK participants only
• Prize for three winners is 1 x School of Life ‘How to’ book box sets (Box set contains 6 books.)
• In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar prize to the same value will be provided
• There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
• Winners will be picked at random and contacted by the site. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
• Winners name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.