So, summer is coming to an end and winter isn’t quite here yet. So what trends should you invest in? Meet our favourite transitional trend of the week, Military. The take over has already started but once this last week of sun has finished be prepared to see it in full swing and the best part is that it is so easy to wear.
At the A/W12 shows everyone was loving this trend. Victoria Beckham turned what should be quite an androgynous military dress into something feminine and fitted, Topshop Unique made us want a full length oversized khaki coat. And we might just print off all the looks from the mens Dior Homme show and stick them on the wall, that’s how amazing their looks were.
The high street has already gone mad for it and here’s our list of the key pieces to invest in:
1. A khaki/camouflage jacket. Perfect for this time of year, throw it over everything an anything for a quick military fix.
2. Military inspired accessories. We’re talking dog tags, bullet belts, camo caps and we’re particularly loving this bullet style unisex jewellery range at Urban Outfitters .
3. Vintage! Check out vintage stores Rokit and Beyond Retro for original pieces. Right now they are packed with them and it doesn’t get much cooler than having an original piece of military gear.
4. For a unique twist to you wardrobe have a go at customising. We’re talking adding epaulette’s to the shoulders of your jacket or swapping the buttons on a coat, head down to your nearest haberdashery and see what you find.
5. Boots, keep them chunky and laced and the morn worn they look, the better.