In one of the latest mock ups for the iPhone 5 Siri is the thing being concentrated on. The general suggestion is that phone lock option and the find my phone app aren’t enough, Siri should self destruct your phone if stolen.
It would be pretty funny to have this option if some bastard knicks your phone but surely they can go further with the concept?
It begs the question, how far could Siri go to torment the thief of your phone? That guy who recorded himself dancing on a stolen laptop before the laptop was recovered and the footage uploaded to Youtube showed how much of a fool thieves can be made to look. With the kind of technology we have at our hands nowadays there is probably no end to the possibilities as to what Siri could be programed to do.
If you had a choice of 4 things that you could program Siri to do if your phone was stolen what would they be?
Ours are below :
1. Siri could turn the phone on at night and begin to make strange nosies, showing something very similar to the Ring video on the phone screen as well as the Siri voice changing into a ghostly rasp that says ‘ I know what you’ve done…’
2. Electrify the phone so that the thief would get electrocuted when they picked it up.
3. Play a recording of you shouting loudly ”I HAVE JUST STOLEN SOMEONES IPHONE’
4. Program the map to that when used by the thief it leads to the nearest police station whilst showing the destination initially asked for.
Ok and one more,
5. When the thief tries to phone anyone, instead of hearing his voice at the other end of the phone the recipient of the call only hears “I am calling you on an iPhone I have just stolen” on repeat.