Yep, we’re continuing the 80′s vibe onto NME and their mixtapes.
Whoever manages the blog, pressplayandrecord has uploaded the full (bar one) 80′s back catalogue of the NME’s free mixtapes as well as the track listings. This is either a stroke of genius or is a sign that there are some people in the world with far too much time on their hands.. we would say the former.
Here there is posted almost every single mix tape that the NME gave away in the 1980s. It’s a firm look back into history of what was current at the time and also what NME used to be.
The only tape not uploaded is Neon West, if anyone can help and has a copy, get in touch.
One of our favourites is
Indie City 1 (NME036). Fall 1988.
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Tupelo
- Depeche Mode – People Are People (Different Mix)
- Sonic Youth – Death Valley ‘69
- Cabaret Voltaire – Nag Nag Nag
- Josef K – Radio Drill Time
- Motorhead – Motorhead
- Orange Juice – Blue Boy
- The Fire Engines – Candy Skin
- The Mekons – Never Been In A Riot
- Gang of Four – Armalite Rifle
- The Freshies – I’m In Love With The Girl On The Virgin Manchester Megastore Checkout Desk
- Aztec Camera – We Could Send Letters
- The Damned – Smash It Up
- The Three Johns – Death Of The European
- Newtown Neurotics – Mindless Violence
- The Redskins – Lean On Me
- Colourbox – Official World Cup Theme
- Joy Division – Transmission
- Cocteau Twins – The Spangle Maker
- The Normal – Warm Leatherette
image : pressplayandrecord